My Five Most Anticipated Film's of 2018

01:43

5) The Predator
It's been a while since we've had a Predator movie. The last one, Predators, got quite a lot of hate, but I honestly quite liked it. And it seems as though the newest instalment could go back to it's roots, or by that, the way of the first movie. Writer Shane Black is stepping back into his writing role for the film as well as in the directors seat, so I'm actually very excited to see how this pans out. If it was under a different director and writer I don't think I'd be so inclined.


4) Venom
Alright I think everyone is a little bit skeptical about this one. But honestly I'm really intrigued by it. Sony's crack at a solo film for the titular Spider-Man villain could go two ways, really bad or not too bad. I'm hoping it is the latter. It's got a great actor in the lead role as Eddie Brock, Tom Hardy of course. The supporting cast is also very exciting, including one of my favourites, Riz Ahmed, and Woody Harrelson. Rumour has it Carnage will be the main villain, and if Ahmed plays him, that will be a match made in heaven.


3) Avengers: Infinity War
If this isn't on your list I am very surprised. It's the big one isn't it? The Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy are to come together to fight Thanos on the big screen, the moment we've been waiting for since everyone saw the purple villain's face at the end of The Avengers. It looks like he's had a lot of work done since mind, but I think it's a step backwards, in this he looks like a swollen thumb. Anyhow, I think this is worthy of it's spot and hopefully this film will deliver, as Age of Ultron was a disappointment for me!


2) Bohemian Rhapsody
I cannot tell you all how long I've been waiting for this Freddie Mercury/Queen biopic. It's gone through a host of actors, directors, creative decisions and arguments, but it looks like it's finally ready to hit the surface. It has an incredible actor, Rami Malek, playing the lead role of Freddie, and I don't think I could have chosen anyone better for the role. If all goes according to plan this film could be a winner. As a massive Queen fan I'm sure this one could be a 'Top 10 of 2018' if it does well!


1) Isle of Dogs
Wes Anderson. How I have missed you. And how I have missed your animated films. I mean, Fantastic Mr Fox is in my top 10 films of all time - so I am thrilled to see he's having a crack at another animated story. This one looks truly extraordinary yet incredibly stylish and funny. I have a slight grasp of the plot from the trailer but I don't want to look too much into it, I want surprise. With a cast featuring Anderson regulars such as Edward Norton and Jeff Goldblum, we could be on to one of the most intriguing indie's of 2018.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Published Work

Examining Edgar

For me, comedy films these days have really lost their way. Whether that’s down to actors, bad scripts or, in general, unfunniness, the...